Saturday, December 21, 2013

About Me

Who am i...

I am a Software Engineer at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control.  I am the software lead for the Telemetry group.  I have a beautiful wife and two small boys who all inspire me. 


Schooling

I received my BS of Electrical Engineering from the University of Oklahoma (OU).  (Which was the last time I did anything that resembled Electrical Engineering...)  I am now starting my MS of Software Engineering at Southern Methodist University (SMU).


Software Upbringing

Throughout my career I have gone through the normal paradigm progression:
  • Imperative Programming in C.
  • Grew to appreciate library development with Object Oriented Programming in C++.
  • The desktop application world lead me to WinForms/WPF and C#.
  • And now I am dabbling in the elegance of functional programming with F# and Haskell.

Software Fervor

I am jubilant to build a data structure for a complex problem.  Excited to convert a synchronous process to a streamlined asynchronous system.  And fulfilled to find a benchmark that matches my predictions.

This blog will center around C# and my different ideas and design structures.  I encourage everyone to love and hate my ideas.  With everything, I do this hoping to learn.  If I present something that is misguided, inaccurate, or just plain wrong... then don't hesitate to say so!


Where else online...

You can find/contact me on LinkedIn and StackOverflow.  I try to stay active on both.  And if you're interested, I have an online resume out there as well.